Southwire continuous rod (SCR) process is a leading Technology for copper rod manufacturing with more than100 installations across the globe.
It is state of the art burner system which offers energy efficient silent melting of copper in a tall vertical shaft furnace. Casting machine offers user friendly operation while ensuring complete solidification, thus avoiding gaseous entrapments. Impurities are scavenged out with intelligent oxygen control. The 10-16 stand hot rolling reduces copper section by more than 100 times to achieve fine grains, homogenous micro structure with best combination of mechanical and metallurgical properties.
- In-line wire drawing for Magnet wire
- Suitable for high speed multiwire drawing
- Smooth & Bright surface
- Low bending radius application
- 8 mm Continuous Cast Rod
- HV, MV & LT Power & control cable application
- Aerial Bunch cable
- Fine and superfine magnet wire
- Conductors for transformer and generator